Thursday, October 11, 2012

THE SHIFTER-IN-CHIEF

ACTUALLY........Mitt Romney just keeps my mind spinning.  First he's totally against an issue, then he's absolutely for it.  Of course, the reason is because he will do, or say, anything that sounds like it may get him elected  president.  I can't help wondering if he realizes that the President of the United Sates does not have the liberty to have such "etch-a-sketch" moments.

To me the latest bewildering move is his direction on Abortion. During the primaries he called himself "an avid pro-life governor" and said Americans could "count on me, as president, to pursue a policy that protects the life of the unborn."


In 2007, during a primary debate, he said "I'm proud to be pro-life, and I'm not going to apologize to people for becoming pro-life".

In August 2012, the Republican Party's official platform underscored the fact that they believed they needed a constitutional ban on abortion in all circumstances.  No Abortion. No exceptions.  I assume Governor Romney was a part of that "official platform". 

Now, we have another change in direction as well as another strong statement from Mitt Romney.  According to Reuters, Mitt Romney said if elected he would not pursue "specific legislation targeting abortion". This morning he told the Des Moines Register's editorial board, during a campaign visit in Iowa, "There's no legislation that I'm familiar with that would become a part of my agenda".  That comment could be reassuring to some women voters who have not decided who to cast their vote for. This has dishonesty written all over it.  As well as another "flip-flop", I think I distinctly heard another big 'swoosh' to the political center. 


THE WOMEN OF AMERICA SIMPLY CAN'T TRUST HIM
HE'LL SAY ANYTHING TO WIN